Sunday, January 10, 2010

Whispers

This morning I want to take a minute to share with you my 'whisper moments'.  I want so much to get up first thing in the morning to spend time in the Word. That often does not happen. In fact, my times with the Lord vary from day to day. I have to admit it's hard for me to be consistent with a certain time each day.
I love the way the Lord whispers to me, don't you? It's when I'm quiet and still that I hear Him the most. I never want to read the Bible just for the sake of saying I read it for that day. I love to read the Word and then let the Word of God speak to my heart. These 'whisper moments' are precious to me, and I crave that intimacy with the Lord.

11 The LORD said, "Go out and stand on the mountain in the presence of the LORD, for the LORD is about to pass by."
      Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the LORD, but the LORD was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake. 12 After the earthquake came a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper.
1 Kings 19: 11-12

No comments:

Post a Comment