Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Wordless Wordy Wednesday

Jason and I have recently made a big choice for our family. I'll post about that later, but it really has us thinking about what's important in our lives. Say for instance how important is financial security really? Are we ever really secure? What things in our lives should we put the most importance? What we have realized is this:
1. Our family is our first ministry. Any other ministry outside of that will surely fail if our family is not in tact.
2. It doesn't matter how much money is in the bank, savings account, or retirement  plan. Our future and hope are in the Lord. Don't get me wrong. Those things are great, and we believe it's wise to plan ahead. There's just no need in stressing over it!
3. For most people, accumulated debt does not disappear overnight no matter how many plans we make to pay it off. Continuing on the journey to financial freedom builds character and trust in each other.
4. Lastly, the Lord has allowed me to slow down and take a good look around me. We live in a tiny, little rental home, but you know what? We have a home and warmth. We may not have much money to spend on ourselves and have a good time, but we have never gone without food or clothes. My little boy may drive me up the wall, and I feel like running away sometimes. But my child will never be two years old again. He's happy and healthy. He's thriving and growing.

I want to encourage you all to take a good look around you as well. You will never be at this stage in your life again. We can't undo anything that has been done, but we can make the most of what we have. I will end with a precious picture of my boy and one of my newfound favorite passages. Have a blessed day!



For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your forefathers, but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect. He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake. Through him  you believe in God, who raised him from the dead and glorified him, and so your faith and hope are in God.
1 Peter 1: 18-21

No comments:

Post a Comment