Monday, June 28, 2010

Rockin' Baby Shower

Yesterday, I had the joy of hosting a not-so-traditional baby shower! The mom-to-be didn't want anything pastel or 'babyish'. To reflect the personality of the parents, we decided on a Rock Themed Baby Shower. It was so much fun to plan, and we scoured the internet for ideas! I'm never one to go over the top, so we kept things pretty simple. The mom-to-be was happy, so that's all that matters, right? :)

 These were the invites her talented husband created for her. It pays to have husbands who are graphic designers!



The colors chosen were pink, black and white. The plates and napkins came from Hobby Lobby, and I am ever thankful for their 40% off coupons!
 I wish I could take credit for making this! The other host of the shower used a lady who is making her wedding cake. Here are some ideas we got from our Google searches: Idea 1, Idea 2, Idea 3
Naturally, we had to use rock candy for party favors! Most candy stores will sell it by the pound. We thought about using rock candy on a stick, but the cost is a little more. I also found that it's hard to find enough pink at one place. My awesome hubby is also a graphic designer, and he used the invites to make the cards for the top! A little double-sided, clear scrapbook adhesive worked great for sealing!
This cheese and crackers tray was so fun! I bought a mini star cookie cutter at Hobby Lobby and some cheddar and pepper jack cheese. This took a little longer to do than I thought. The cheese tends to break apart easily! It was still fun, and everyone seemed to enjoy it!
I got this cute idea from a Made By You Monday link up! For some reason, I didn't save the link. So if you know which one I'm talking about, please let me know so I can give credit where credit is due! She didn't use ultrasound pics, but I thought this would be darling for a table decoration!



These were going to be hanging ball decorations, but I couldn't make them quite full enough. Since I was out of tissue paper, I decided making them into large paper flowers! I also tucked in small gifts for baby. Gift 1, Gift 2



1 comment:

  1. Such good ideas! I'm going to be doing a similar theme for my bestie's shower (boy). I may end up using some of these!

    ReplyDelete