Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Small Town Patriotism

Moving to a metroplex was pretty overwhelming almost two years ago. I'm a country girl who grew up in small towns, and I love running into people I know everywhere I go. It's comforting. It's welcoming. It's home to me. I'm so glad the Lord knows my heart so well, because he moved us into this little county right outside of Dallas. You know, the small town kind. This past weekend, we had the joy of experiencing a small town patriotic parade in this quaint, little place. The kind of parade where families were encouraged to join in. Next year, I think we just might.

Families waiting for the parade to start. I just loved the Uncle Sam costume! :)
My favorite snapshot of the day!
Families joining in
Loved the rides!
The 'old man' band playing on the courthouse steps. They reminded me so much of home, I had to choke back tears!
The fiddle player was such a sweetheart!
My baby boy :)

We enjoyed another 'small town' delight that I'll post about another day this week! I hope you all had a great July 4th, and I pray we never take our freedom forgranted!

1 comment:

  1. I found your blog through Mama Dub! So cute...I am from a small town...LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete